In order to recognize the symptoms in a timely manner and successfully treat parasites in the human body, patients should consult a doctor at the first signs of illness.
There are currently about 300 species of microorganisms that can successfully exist in the internal organs of man.
The main route of parasite infestation is through dirty hands, objects and food.
Invasive diseases are treated with drugs and traditional medicine; in severe cases, surgery may be needed.
Major groups of parasites in the human body
Penetrating into the internal environment, parasites in the human body feed on nutrients or tissues of organs supplied with food.
In the future, the lack of micro- and macroelements, minerals and vitamins causes various disorders in the work of all systems and organs in patients.
Main routes of infection:
- oral-fecal- parasites enter the human body after eating contaminated food and water;
- contact household- larvae and worm eggs penetrate a person due to unwashed hands after contact with infected objects or animals;
- through the skin- parasite larvae penetrate the skin or through insect vector bites.
There are several types of worms:
The group of roundworms is the most extensive and widespread. It includes roundworms, earthworms, beetles, toxocara and worms.
Parasites enter the human body with dirty hands or mouths after eating contaminated food: fruits, vegetables, not cooked meat. Roundworms settle in the patient's gastrointestinal tract.
Tapeworms include bovine and porcine tapeworms, tapeworms, and echinococci. The worms of this group are large. For example, a tapeworm can reach a length of 25 m.
Because they are in the human body, tapeworms can feed on any tissue and fluid. The sources of these parasites are improperly cooked meat and fish.
The next type are subcutaneous worms. They are most common in exotic countries: the African continent, India, Iraq, etc.
Signs of the presence of parasites in the human body - formations that move under the skin and cause severe pain.
Infection of patients with infection is caused by the bites of flies, mosquitoes or bed bugs, or insects that suck blood.
Butterflies (trematodes) - hepatic fluke (fluke or fasciola), schistosome, fascilopsis.
Parasites live in the human liver, pancreas, biliary tract and intestines.
Patients are infected with unboiled water, milk, unpasteurized cheeses, inadequately processed meat and fish.
Tissue parasites in humans include trypanosomes, Finns, sarcosporidia, and microsporidia. Helminths of this group settle in the human lungs, spinal cord and brain, and in muscle tissue.
Carriers of parasites are wild and domestic animals: horses, pigs, chickens and others. Tissue worms are transmitted to humans through poorly cooked meat.
Symptoms of parasitic pathologies
The symptoms and ways to treat parasites in the human body are different, depending on the type of worm.
Parasites have adapted perfectly to living in human organs, turning them into their home.
People may not notice the presence of worms at all, but parasitic infestations intensify the manifestation of chronic pathologies in adults and children. It is these signs that often indicate the penetration of parasites into the human body.
Worms and other parasitic organisms (protozoa or insects) feed and reproduce in the human body.
Infects the eyes, skin, hair and internal organs of patients. And only constant fatigue, drowsiness or obesity indicate that the patient is a carrier of parasites.
The patient has the following symptoms of parasite infection:
- non-responding anemia;
- unreasonable hunger;
- a sharp change in body weight in one direction or another;
- headache of unspecified etiology;
- constipation followed by diarrhea;
- signs of irritable bowel syndrome;
- feeling of heaviness in the liver area;
- joint and muscle pain;
- skin manifestations (rash, neurodermatitis and so on);
- decreased immunity;
- depression and neurosis;
During the examination of the patient, the doctor visually examines his skin.
Signs of the presence of parasites in the human body are rash, acne, paleness, sweating, early wrinkles, cracks, peeling and excessive brittle nails. These symptoms often indicate that parasites are present in the patient's gastrointestinal tract.
If a child is infected with pinworms, then the signs of parasites in the body are the following - unbearable itching in the anal area.
The patient has no growth, underdeveloped ears, shortened fingers and falling hair, because the parasites in children absorb all the substances important for development.
Due to the presence of worms in the human stomach and other digestive organs, the mucosa becomes inflamed and a copious white coating forms on the tongue. Such patients must adhere to a diet table.
At the end of the examination, the doctor analyzes the general condition of the patient's entire body to determine the manifestation of pathogenic factors.
For example, parasites in a woman's body show their presence as follows: patients have general weakness, lower back pain, menstrual irregularities, and suffer from inflammation of the bladder and kidneys. Men can develop prostatitis and impotence.
Parasites settle in a person's lungs, intestines, muscles and other internal organs. In children, the symptoms of the disease appear in the same way as in adult patients.
To treat a person's parasites as effectively as possible, the doctor must collect a complete medical history, including a description of the symptoms and a collection of tests. During treatment, the patient is given a special diet.
Patients are referred for several tests before being prescribed anthelmintic tablets:
- analysis of feces on worm eggs;
- histological coprogram;
- serological blood test;
Several pharmaceutical products are used to kill worms in the treatment of parasites in children and adults.
Every anthelmintic drug is aimed at destroying a certain type of worm in the human body.
Special antiparasitic agents are prescribed to patients only in situations where the intended benefit outweighs the potential harm of treatment.
Patients should not choose anthelmintic drugs and self-medicate without consulting a doctor, because drugs from this group are very toxic to humans. In addition, when treating parasites, patients are prescribed a diet.
Traditional methods of parasite control
Some folk remedies have anthelmintic action, so the destruction of parasites at home is carried out by resorting to their help.
But before starting treatment, patients should consult a doctor, because a diet containing infusions of certain herbs can be dangerous in some chronic pathologies of the human body.
Among the common means of removing parasites in patients' bodies, the most effective are:
- garlic tincturefrom earthworms in the human body to prepare enemas - to prepare it you need to knead 10 cloves of garlic, pour a glass of boiled water and leave for a few hours;
- pumpkin seedsis a simple method to destroy tapeworms in patients ’intestines. To treat on an empty stomach, eat 2 tablespoons of peeled seeds;
- onion infusion- used against ascaris and pinworm in the human body. Half a can of finely chopped onion should be poured over a forty percent aqueous solution of ethyl alcohol and insisted for a week in a dark place. Then filter and take 1 tbsp. spoon half an hour before meals. Only adult and non-alcoholic patients can be treated with the infusion;
- walnut decoction- this medicine is used for worms in the human body. The unripe fruit is chopped, poured over boiling water and infused overnight. Then drink in meals daily.
Following the recommendations of traditional medicine, you can remove worms from the human body by burning spicy foods.
But they should be used sparingly against parasites in patients, as they have an irritating effect on the mucosa.
Paprika, ginger, mustard, garlic, onion, horseradish and cloves have a pronounced characteristic taste of roasting, which is not acceptable for helminths in the human intestine. Wormwood is often used as an herbal remedy against worms.
Pharmacies offer many drugs to kill parasites in the human body, but many of them have side effects and affect health.
Not all helminth removal drugs in the human body are allowed for pregnant women and children.
Preventive measures to prevent parasite infection
Precautions are the most effective way to protect against parasites in the human body. From childhood, all people learn to wash their hands after working in a flower bed, toilet or walking down the street, because earth and dust contain worm eggs.
Before traveling to exotic equatorial latitudes, people should get all the necessary vaccinations to avoid getting helminths.
By following simple prevention rules, anyone can successfully protect themselves from possible parasite infestation.
Personal hygiene rules:
- regular thorough washing of hands and space under nails - this must be done after working on sand, earth, after using the toilet, communicating with animals and before eating;
- nails preferably shortened, as parasite eggs can accumulate under the nails;
- vegetables, berries, fruits and other fruits and herbs should be washed for a long time under running tap water. This ensures that all worm eggs are washed from their surface;
- meat and fish should be fully cooked. Meat with blood can be dangerous to human health because it can contain eggs and larvae of parasites;
- you must not drink unboiled water from springs and springs, as it may contain parasites;
- water and milk should be drunk only boiled to kill worms;
- should consume pasteurized lactic acid products. Raw cheeses may contain eggs and parasite larvae.
Experts recommend that you be examined regularly for the presence of parasites in the human body.
Do not take any anthelmintic as a prophylactic parasite in the internal organs, because they have a toxic effect.
Self-treatment of parasites in the human body in any form can pose a health hazard. If there are pets in the family, then they should be dewormed regularly.
Preventing parasites in the human body can help avoid many dangerous worms.
Adherence to the basic rules of personal hygiene can protect all family members, because helminthiasis in the human body is one of the most unpleasant parasitic diseases that disrupt the work of all systems and internal organs.