Despite the fact that currently people have access to many hygiene products as well as ways of processing food, no one is immune to worm infection. These parasites can appear in the human body regardless of gender and age. Apart from the fact that the awareness of the presence of parasites in your body is already unpleasant in itself, this phenomenon can be accompanied by a number of unpleasant symptoms and diseases.
Unlike many other diseases, it is impossible to completely protect yourself from worm infection by vaccination or special preparations. However, there are a number of effective folk remedies that will help you not only cure the disease, but also prevent its occurrence in the future. These recipes were created thanks to many years of experience, and their effectiveness has been proven over time. There are special recipes for both very young children and the elderly.
What are worms?
To choose the right method to treat worms, you must first discover their type, which is only possible under laboratory conditions. Thus, if localization is taken as a criterion, then intestinal worms can be distinguished, as well as extraintestinal parasites that can live and multiply in blood vessels, bile ducts, and even in brain and lung tissues. It is also worth distinguishing biological species. Thus, worms can refer to roundworms, tapeworms or flukes.
Worms can vary depending on the stage of the life cycle, they are divided into biohelminths, geohelminths and infectious species.
- Thus, geohelminths are egg-shaped and are found in the soil. Without going through this phase, worms cannot enter the human body.
- Biohelminths appear after changing several intermediate hosts. So before they infect a person, they can visit the body of the animal.
- Infectious helminths are released into the external environment from the human body.
Symptoms of a worm infestation
The time for the first symptoms of a worm infection can vary from a few days to a few months, depending on the type of parasite. Allergic reactions can be considered the most common manifestation of the acute stage of helmentosis. They appear in the form of rashes, which are accompanied by itching. Their area is constantly increasing. In addition, there is swelling of the lymph nodes, as well as tissue edema and pain in the muscles and joints. Particularly severe cases can be accompanied by a strong cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, stool disorders, nausea, enlarged spleen, and even changes in blood composition.
Helminthiasis can eventually progress to a chronic phase. Symptoms can vary depending on which organ is affected by the worms. Most often this problem affects the intestines. If the number of parasites is insignificant, then the disease may have no symptoms at all. Problems arise only in the case of a large population or a significant parasite size. The main effect of helminths is on the digestive system, which complicates the processes of absorption of nutrients, as well as the excretion of waste products from the body. As a result, immunity is reduced and the work of all body systems is disrupted. When it comes to children, the symptoms of helmentosis can spread to the nervous system.
Milk and garlic for worms
This recipe is perhaps best for kids. Usually 3-4 days of treatment are enough for the worms to disappear. During this time, it is recommended to give the child a glass of milk daily, which contains three crushed cloves of garlic. Garlic plays a major role here, and milk only helps to remove unpleasant bitterness. Be sure to make a garlic enema before going to bed.
There are several recipes for making enemas.
- The easiest way is to chop the garlic (1 clove), put it in a glass of water or milk and cook for 5 minutes. The liquid must then be filtered.
- Another option is to cook a clove of garlic in a glass of milk until it softens. Once the milk has cooled, strain it and place the enema. For adults, you can use the entire volume, and for children, half a glass (70 to 100 ml) is enough. It is important that the enema must be kept as long as possible after placement. An enema will help you get rid of pinworm.
- To enhance the effect of the enema, you can take some more garlic-based products at the same time. It is therefore useful to drink a small amount of milk with the addition of 15 drops of garlic juice three times a day on an empty stomach.
- It is also useful to eat 10 cloves of garlic at a time, washed with baked milk. You need to give the garlic a few hours to act on the gastrointestinal tract, after which they take a laxative. This is one of the most effective ways to treat worms, which was used by ancient healers.
Garlic is a miraculous medicine used to treat almost all diseases. As for worms, it may be difficult to find a more effective remedy. And garlic will be especially effective if taken in the form of a tincture. To prepare it, you will need 5 cloves of garlic and a glass of milk.
Press the garlic through a press or grate first to make a mash. Pour milk over the resulting mixture and cook for about 15 minutes. After removing the pan from the heat, cover it with a lid and let the soup cook for a couple of hours. The resulting product can be used both in the form of drinks and in the form of enemas.
The course of taking garlic tincture is a week. At the same time, you need to drink 4 glasses every day (you can prepare the tincture at once for the whole day, proportionally increasing the amount of ingredients). If you decide to treat with enemas, you will also need one cup of tincture (half the norm will be enough for a child). It is better to carry out the procedure before going to bed for a week.
Treatment of worms with pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds are quite an effective remedy against helmentosis, and the treatment brings much less inconvenience than the treatment with garlic. Thus, the seeds work well in combination with castor oil. For three days you need to eat 25 unpeeled pumpkin seeds in 4 doses. Try to chew them as thoroughly as possible. After an hour you need to drink a teaspoon of castor oil. The course of treatment is three days.
For the following recipe you need to grind in a coffee grinder or grind in a mortar 300 grams of pre-peeled pumpkin seeds. Dilute the resulting powder with water to such an extent that the mass resembles sour cream in density. At the end of cooking, add a tablespoon of honey. Keep in mind that for a teenager, the amount of medication is halved, and a sixth of the adult norm is enough to treat a small child. In the morning on an empty stomach you need to eat the resulting mass. To make the effect of the drug on the body consistent, try to extend this process to an hour, slowly chewing each portion (it will not be difficult, because the mass of seeds with honey will have a rather pleasant taste). After three hours you need to drink a laxative or make an enema. This method allows you to solve the worm problem in exactly one day.
Since in most cases worms parasitize in the intestines, it is quite appropriate to apply local treatments such as enemas. Enemas are usually given at night. Even if you take certain medications orally, you will find it difficult without this procedure.
Garlic enema is the most effective. Finely chop 5 cloves of garlic, pour them with half a glass of water and boil the resulting mass. When the soup has cooled, strain it and start the process. Remember that the solution for such an enema should not be completely cold. It better match your body temperature.
In the fight against worms, tansy shows high efficiency. So for a glass of boiling water you will need 20 grams of dried herbs. In half an hour the infusion will be completely ready and it will only be necessary to strain it. As in the previous case, the product should be a little warm. Attention! It should be borne in mind that pregnant and lactating women should not perform procedures with tansy!
Since parasites do not tolerate an alkaline environment, it is quite possible to use baking soda for enemas. Dissolve half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and heat the resulting solution gently on the stove to 38-42 ºC. For children, this amount will be quite sufficient. And as for the treatment of adults, it is better to prepare two glasses of solution for one procedure.
Medicinal herbs are the basic foundation of traditional medicine, so without it one cannot treat worms. In addition to the fact that medicinal plants are highly effective, the procedures with them are quite gentle, and the treatment does not bring strong discomfort.
- Bitter wormwood is often used to treat worms. To prepare the infusion, you need to pour a tablespoon with a slice of dry grass over a glass of boiling water. The signal that the medicine is ready will be the grass that has settled to the bottom and the liquid itself will turn brown. The soup needs to be filtered. Drink half a glass of this medicine just before meals (three times a day).
- The tansy infusion is prepared in a similar way, but the preparation time is increased to 4 hours. In addition, since tansy is a poisonous plant, you can drink a maximum of one tablespoon of the drug at a time. There should be 4 such techniques during the day. You can also make enemas with tansy, the recipe for which we listed above.
- If you are not sure if you can properly prepare the infusion or decoction, try making a dry mixture. So, grind flax seeds, cloves and dried wormwood in equal proportions in a coffee grinder. After each meal it is necessary to take half a teaspoon of the resulting powder.
- The most gentle method of removing worms is a daily morning intake of 200 ml of fresh carrot juice. (preferably on an empty stomach). A decoction of dried pomegranate peel helps well, as well as chamomile tea.
Pumpkin seed oil
Pumpkin seed oil is used to remove large parasites from the body. It effectively fights even against tapeworms and roundworms. The course of treatment lasts three days, during which three times a day (naturally, on an empty stomach) drink a teaspoon of the drug. It is allowed to eat only after half an hour. It is also recommended to put oil enemas at night in a volume of up to 50 ml.
In order not to enchant yourself with herbs, you can buy ready-made preparations and herbal teas in the pharmacy, which are specially designed to remove parasites from the body. So, monastery tea is quite popular. In addition, almost every pharmaceutical company has its own collection of antiparasites. Their composition is approximately the same, but the ratios of individual medicinal plants can differ significantly.
Is it possible to get infected with worms from animals
Of course, there is a high risk of worm infection through contact with cats and dogs, as they are the main vectors of these parasites. However, you will not get sick if you follow basic hygiene practices. It is enough to wash your hands thoroughly every time, after you have stroked the animal or touched some objects (dishes, toilet, pet toys).
If you have touched your lips with your fingers or eaten something, most likely the infection cannot be avoided. In addition, keep a certain distance from animals. Even if you love your pet very much, it is better not to love him, because there are parasite larvae in the saliva and hair of animals. You need to take precautions even if your pet is not going outside.
How do worms come out?
Worms can come out not only through the anus, but also along with the vomit. Moreover, they will not necessarily be dead.
Helmentosis is quite treatable. At the same time, if you do not believe in pharmaceutical drugs, you have a large selection of proven and effective folk remedies. Be patient and treat consistently. Once you get rid of the parasite, your well-being will improve dramatically.